Monday, July 12, 2010

Mom Wins!


Tage said a few things today that surprised me. First, (my favorite) when she came in the kitchen for lunch, she was holding a Book of Mormon, she handed it to me and said "Mom, we haven't read the Book of Mormon yet today. Will you read it to me?" And when I read it, she would even make comments about certain words and go off into tangents about that word in a separate gospel-oriented topics, such as baptism. It was great lunch conversation. She seemed so focused!


Then at dinner, she was done eating, and I made myself a salad and was about to start eating it. She pulled a chair up to me, and said "Mom, I want to sit next to you, and will you share your lettuce with me?" I began sharing it, and then decided to give her a plate of her own. She ate it all, and then said "Mom, will you please get me some more lettuce?" I was SHOCKED! She'll usually eat one or two pieces of lettuce, just so she can make horse noises, but never a plate full, and never asking for more! Yay!


Besides those two incidents that really stuck out, the day was really great with the kids. They were both so fun today and got along great with each other. It was a great fun-filled day for all! (Except Kevin, who has been at class all day, and won't be home until 10:30 tonight. Poor guy!)




P.S. Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers for our family and baby!

1 comment:

kim and ned said...

Nice! You can't beat a day like that!!