Tuesday, January 5, 2010

IMMUNIZE

Taking a basic microbiology class in college made me a firm believer in immunizations. Meeting my sister-in-law, Shannon, who is a scientist reasearching Malaria, made me more of a believer. Enrolling my kids in th H1N1 vaccination study increased my belief in it even more. But when I hear other people's real life experiences with disease that could have been prevented through vaccination, I KNOW I am doing the right thing when I take my kids to the doctor and let them be stabbed with needles and injected with various vaccines. If you haven't felt the need to vaccinate you children, read natalienortonphoto.blogspot.com and pray for baby Gavin, who is fighting for his life. (I believe Natalie said the vaccines that would have helped him are not given until the 8week appointment... he got sick prior to that age.)
I don't know Natalie personally, but started following her blog after reading an article she wrote for a photography website. I then learned that she and I are of the same faith (LDS a.k.a mormon) and feel more connected to her. Talk to people who know a thing or too (preferably ones who have a doctorate degree in the field) about vaccines before you decide not to vaccinate your kids.

No comments: