Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dear Mason






It feels like it was just yesterday that I was terrified I would be giving birth in Sam's Club (I would have never been able to shop there again. Can we say EMBARRASSING? Wow, thanks "Butter" for staying put.) I told myself to ditch the cart and go home. I didn't. I told myself to ask the people in front of me at the register if I could pretty please, with a cherry on top, PLEASE go ahead of them. I didn't. I yelled (okay, I screamed) all the way home from the pain. I sped. a lot. 85 in a 55. And prayed that a cop wouldn't pull me over. And if he did, I prayed that he would believe me when I screamed "I'M IN LABOR!" in his face. Thank heavens there wasn't a cop in sight! A year ago today, I snuggled you for the first time.

And now, a year later, you are still just as sweet as ever! I can't believe you are ONE year old! I love you so much Butter! Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mom

P.S. You have just as much hair today as you did a year ago. Maybe less. Love you anyways!

3 comments:

The Hulls said...

Happy Birthday to Mason!! He sure is cute!

kim and ned said...

WOW! Time flies!! I can't believe Mason is already one.

Ali said...

that surely would have been the experience in sam's club. glad you made it! hah!! Happy bd Mason!!!!!!