Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cuddle Bug

"I cuddle Mommy? Okay!" and "I cuddle Daddy!" are phrases repeated frequently in our home. A few months ago, Tage got into the habit of wanting to cuddle before going to bed or taking a nap. Although Kevin and I both know that she uses it as a way to stall bedtime, we allow it to happen. At first, we tried to resist it, we didn't want her to expect it all the time, but now we love the time we have to cuddle our little angel.
We have had many memorable moments during our nightly cuddles. For me, I relish the times she sings "the Temple song" ("I love to see the temple") to me, or gives me a kiss then wipes it off and gives me another, and another, and another. I like to use the opportunity to tell Tage how much I love her. Kevin likes to use the time to teach her gospel truths, like "Jesus Christ is our Savior."
I don't regret letting this become a habit. Sure, it extends her nighttime routine, but how long will she want to keep doing this? Some day, she will grow up, and won't beg to "cuddle Mommy" anymore. I am going to take advantage of this time while it is still here.
And now, my little cuddle bug is awake from her nap, and I am going to go smother her in kisses!

No comments: