Saturday, February 28, 2009

STUFF

TOO MUCH STUFF.
TOO MUCH MESS.
I'M SO TIRED OF CLEANING.

Seriously... where does all of this stuff come from??? Kevin and I are penny pinchers. We don't like to spend our money (if we had any to spend, and I'm not even being sarcastic there) and yet we seem to accumulate more and MORE stuff. Maybe part of it is because we don't have any money and so everyone feels bad for us and gives us things... I don't know. But it is really bad to have a lot of things and only one teeny closet.

Last October my friend and I did a yardsale during Colorfest. I sold $300 worth of STUFF, but felt like I brought home just as much as what I took. That stuff has been sitting in a spare room ever since. I constantly, try to organize. And now I am serious about getting rid of A LOT of STUFF. (I don't know what stuff yet though, that's the hard part) I already got rid of about 1/2 of Tage's baby clothes, but still have a lot. If my 3rd baby is another boy, I'm getting rid of 95% of all of her clothes (hopefully I'll sell it, which is actually another problem of mine. I always want to recover money that I spend. So when I decide I don't need something, I put it in the corner and tell Kev I'm going to try to sell it... and then it sits. For a long time.) I have identified three problem areas: Clothes, Papers, and Toys. These things clutter my house.

SO, This next month I am going to drastically SIMPLIFY the things I own. I will hold myself accountable on my blog.

This week's progress: nill. I'll try again next week.

1 comment:

Racquel & Aidan Goodwin said...

WHAT? YOUR COMING TO UTAH!!!! if ya need me to i can send ya a dollar that should get ya here! i hope that you are able too because i miss ya and i think you are awsome and i want to meet the two new members of your family and it would be fun. oohh the excitement!!!!!!!!