Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sticks

I spent Friday morning up at the Olsen Ranch helping prune fruit trees in the freezing cold. I did a little bit of cutting, but was not very confident in my pruning abilities, and was not ready to accept any responsibility that might come from the trees not producing any fruit this year, so mostly I picked up sticks. Lots of sticks. Some of those trees got massive haircuts and I cleaned it up. Tough work for being 37 weeks pregnant! I have spent the rest of the weekend trying to recover (I'm so sore!). After all the trees were sufficiently cut, we headed to the barn and gathered around a fire and enjoyed the company of good friends. We drank hot chocolate, roasted marshmallows (on apple wood sticks!) and roasted chestnuts.
Thanks Olsen's for another experience and another great memory at your ranch!

1 comment:

Racquel & Aidan Goodwin said...

oh my goodness you are so close to having your baby! you could even be having a baby as i type. wow. i can't wait i'm so excited. becareful it doesn't sound like you should be over doing it with activities like picking up sticks. we wouldn't want the little bambino falling out on the ranch lol! tage is getting so big too. time sure is flying.